- Study begins in the winter semester (October).
- The regular study period consists of 9 semesters including practical phases in the work-study programme form and 7 semesters in the full-time study form.
- Closing date for applications: 15 June
- Completed training in a caring profession, as a midwife or in a healthcare profession
- University entrance qualification, Fachhochschulreife [university of applied science entrance qualification] or subject-linked university entrance qualification, or
- For applicants without a primary (university of applied science-) university entrance qualification, there is the possibility of admission through successful completion of an aptitude test, or
- Extended university entrance: special regulation for qualified professionals
On 01.12.2005, an extended entrance qualification for qualified professionals without an aptitude test was created through a change in the law (§ 59, Section 1– 3, Landeshochschulgesetz Baden-Württemberg [State law on universities and colleges of Baden-Wurttemberg]). Caring professionals and those belonging to a healthcare profession who can demonstrate at least four years of professional experience and a further qualification (to the extent of at least 800 hours) andhavethe MittlereReife [school leaving certificate] and have passed their professional qualification examination, can be accepted for the application procedure. These applicantsareobliged to take part in an advisory consultation offered by the University.
- 280 EUR per semester plus administration fees