SIM-STUDY - SENIORS, INFORMATION, MEDIA
The SIM study is a cooperative research project under the guidance of the Medienpädagogische Forschungsverbund Südwest (mpfs) (translated: Southwest Research Association Centre for Media Education) which consists of the Landesanstalt für Kommunikation (State Institute for Communication Baden-Wuerttemberg) and the Medienanstalt Rheinland-Pfalz (Regional Office and Media Authority for Rheinland-Pfalz). The project and is being conducted in cooperation with the Professorship for Digital Transformation in Social and Health Care (Prof. Dr. Michael Doh) at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg and with a gerontology working group of the Network Aging Research (NAR) centre at the University of Heidelberg.
The SIM study has allowed, for the first time, a nationwide study on the media use of seniors aged 60 and older to be realised. This research depicts the current media use of older and elderly persons in Germany and supplements data obtained through other perspectives in ageing research. Using a cross-sectional study, the SIM study follows in the tradition of earlier study series including "KIM" (Childhood, Internet, Media) and "JIM" (Youth, Information, Media), studies which have provided an up-to-date picture of media use in these younger age groups in Germany over the last two decades.
Link to the comprehensive final report of the baseline study.
PROJEct lead (INTERNal)
Prof. Dr. Michael Doh – email@example.com
PROJect lead (EXTERNal)
Southwest Research Association Centre for Media Education (mpfs) / State Institute for Communication Baden-Württemberg (lfk) - Thomas Rathgeb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Scientific expert panel of the study
- Network Aging Research Centre at the University of Heidelberg - Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Wahl (email@example.com)
- Network Aging Research Centre at the University of Heidelberg - Dr. Anna Schlomann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Catholic University Freiburg - Prof. Dr. Michael Doh
- Catholic Universiy Freiburg - Dr. Mario R. Jokisch
- Prof. Dr. Michael Doh – email@example.com
- Dr. Mario R. Jokisch – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Rathgeb (LFK) – email@example.com
- Ann-Kathrin Groß (LFK) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Florian Tremmel (Regional Office and Media Authority for Rheinland-Pfalz) – email@example.com