Austauschstudierende | © KH Freiburg

Exchange students

Every year, the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg welcomes exchange students from all over the world. Here is information on how to find your way to KH Freiburg as an exchange student.


Applying as a guest student for a degree programme at the KH Freiburg

You must apply for admission and enrolment. Please use the form "Application for admission as an exchange student", which you can find in the download area below. Please send the following documents digitally by email to

  • Please complete and submit the application for admission as an exchange student. You can find a template in the download area
  • To prove your student status, please submit a certificate of enrolment from your home university
  • We require a passport photo in jpg format for the student ID card
  • If necessary, a language certificate for German or English B2 (courses in English only take place in the winter semester) must be submitted
  • If you have already studied at a university in Germany, please submit a certificate that provides information about previous semesters at the German university (e.g. certificate of study progress, certificate of exmatriculation or the transcript of records)
  • Please submit proof of health insurance. If the health insurance company requires a sender number from the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg, please provide the following number: H0001851
  • Upon admission as a guest student, a matriculation fee must be paid in accordance with the current schedule of fees and contributions. Please transfer the amount to the following account:

    Payee: Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg
    Credit institution: Liga Bank
    Intended purpose: Incoming /winter semester XX/summer semester YY/ first name, surname
    IBAN: DE15 7509 0300 0407 1001 24

More detailed information and notes on admission and enrolment can be found on the last page of the application for admission as an exchange student.

If you need advice and support, the International Office will be happy to provide you with information and help!

Information on programmes for semesters abroad (e.g. ERASMUS) can be found on the page Ways to the KH Freiburg for students

Any questions? Contact us!

Naomi Hiroe-Helbing

Specialist in International Office, Grants for Study Abroad