International Week 2021
"science in Motion" online!
We are delighted to announce our International Week 2021 online, which will take place May 10th - 12th. The theme of this year’s program will be “Science in Motion”. Welcome and feel free to join and enjoy our program.
During the 3 days, you will have the opportunity to follow inspiring online-lectures and worshops, meet with colleagues and students from around the world and share experiences online. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy cultural activities. Teachers and students from our partner universities are welcome to join us! All you need is your labtop and an internet connection. There is no conference fee and participation is free of cost.
videos to review lectures
we are pleased to offer the opportunity to review most lectures in our online-program. Please choose and enjoy. You will find the lecture videos by clicking the daily schedule below.
Schedule German cest (utc+2)
Monday may 10th
- 9.00 - 9.45 > join < Welcome Speech Prof. Dr. Stephanie Bohlen, Rector, Intro > video <
Florian Kiuppis, International committee, IW organization team, University Choir > video < and city of Freiburg
- 9.45 - 10.00 > join < Intermission online café
- 10:00 - 10.45 > video < Lecture Adam Vakhtang Akhaladze, Georgia (Intro, Florian Kiuppis)
Trans-Disciplinarity and Cross-Culturalism in University Science > Presentation <
- 10:00 - 10.45 > join < Lecture Michal Opatrny, Czec Republic (Intro, Stephanie Bohlen)
Postsecular, Christian, or Humanistic Spirituality in Social Work within Secular Europe
- 10.45 - 11.00 > join < Intermission online café
- 11.00 - 11.45 > video < Lecture Maria Roth, Romania (Intro, Nausikaa Schirilla)
Child rights principles in policy makers’ narratives > Presentation <
- 11.00 - 11.45 > join < Open Space/ Networking online café
- 11.45 - 13.00 > join < Global food fair - Get together - breakfast, lunch or dinner? (Intro, Florian Kiuppis)
„Let´s meet together with your meal depending on the time zone you are in - and share the taste virtually!”
- 13.00 - 13.45 > video < Lecture Sofi Oktaviani, Indonesia + Nanako Saeki, Japan (Intro, Naomi Hiroe)
Activities and roles of public health nurse during COVID-19 outbreaks: Perspectives of Indonesia and Japan
- 13.00 - 13.45 > video < Lecture Bengt Morten Wenstøb, Norway (Intro, Hauke Schumann)
The refugee crisis in Europe. What responsibillity does Norway have? > Presentation <
- 13.45 - 14.00 > join < Intermission online café
- 14.00 - 14.45 > video < Lecture Roxana Ross Mery Roca Terán, Bolivia (Intro, Florian Kiuppis)
Communication and Disability (Video - spanish)
- 14.00 - 14.45 > video < Lecture Yugo Narita, Juri Sawada, Japan (Intro, Edgar Kösler)
How can we support patients’ decision making for people with intractable neurological disease?
- 14.45 - 15.00 > join < Intermission online café
- 15.00 - 16.00 > video < Lecture Oscar Arango, Colombia (Intro, Claudia Luzar)
Colombia, the magical realism of politics: between nominal inclusion and real exclusion (in the time of COVID-19)
- 15.00 - 17.00 > join < Workshop Marlene Monzel, Germany, Daniela Gloger, Chile
Art therapy workshop "Horizons – creative meetings in international space" (max. 28 People)
- 18.00 - open > join < Student activity - Get together: Meet and eat
Show and share your favourite meal and drink from your homecountry.